County Antrim Fundraising Committee
The Antrim Fundraising Committee are a shining example of an active, forward-thinking fundraising committee.
At the end of 2018, this wonderful group of fourteen people in Northern Ireland celebrated reaching the £1million milestone for people living with cancer in their local community.
Together, they organise various events throughout the year, including an annual Lough Shore walk, Santa’s Grotto, Fashion Show and Afternoon Tea to name a few.
After using their networks to ensure every event is a sell-out and raises vital funds, the committee holds an annual thanking event to ensure their supporters know they are appreciated and stay loyal.
They also support smaller committees with advice and events to ensure our supporters receive the best Macmillan experience and that the maximum amount of money is raised.
The committee contributed a huge amount to the multi-million pound Macmillan Unit at Antrim Area Hospital, which opened its doors seven years ago and engages with local schools and youth groups to reinforce the importance of volunteering and fundraising and supporting Macmillan Northern Ireland.
Two members sit on our Volunteer Forum and provide input to Macmillan volunteering policies nationwide as well as representing NI at our volunteer conference.
They are incredible ambassadors and we are very proud that they are part of the Macmillan family.
'using their networks to ensure every event is a sell-out'
The Fundraising Group/Committee Award
This award is for a group that:
- highlights the importance of teamwork by working together to achieve a clear goal
- inspires others to join them or to form their own fundraising groups and raise funds for Macmillan, achieving outstanding fundraising success and making a big impact in the context of their local community
- contributes to Macmillan by raising both funds and awareness.
'working together to achieve a clear goal'
Meet our 2020 UK winners
- The Douglas Macmillan Award
- The Service Team of the Year Award
- The Vicky Clement-Jones Award
- The Deborah Hutton Award
- The Richard Hambro Award
- The Young Macmillan Champion Award
- The Corporate Volunteer Award
- The Sir Hugh Dundas Award.
For any further queries, please contact our Volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org.