Resources for Information and Support Professionals
Discover our resources, tools and guidance for Information and Support Professionals.
On this page
- Coronavirus guidance for health professionals
- Quality together toolkit
- Work support route guide
- Cancer information for your patients
- Signpost patients to local cancer services
- Innovation in cancer care resources
- Clinical updates for information and support professionals
- Research and evidence
- How we can help
We understand it's a challenging time for healthcare professionals. That's why we're doing whatever it takes to support you with the latest information, training and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can also access our emotional health and well-being hub to learn about all the ways we're here for you.
Quality Together is Macmillan's quality standard. It's designed to help teams plan and deliver a high quality, person-centred experience for their patients. The toolkit will provide you with:
- measures and examples of good practice
- feedback from patients who have received care
- action plans for quality improvement.
You can access the Quality Together toolkit on LearnZone.
We want everyone living with cancer to have the information and support they need to make informed decisions about work. You can use this guide to help you:
- feel prepared to talk about work-related concerns
- know which questions to ask and how to respond
- signpost to further sources of support.
We produce high quality cancer information for your patients so they can make informed decisions about their treatment, care and day-to-day lives. All of our cancer information is written by experts, and is available free of charge. Visit our website to see the full range of cancer information and support.
How to order booklets for your patients
We've made it easy to order printed cancer booklets and guides for your patients. You can also order tools and resources, such as organisers, to help patients find their best way through and live life as fully as they can.
We know that cancer can affect many areas of a person's life. That's why we support local services to help people with the physical, financial and emotional impacts of cancer.
With our services directory, it's easy to signpost patients to:
- local support groups
- information and support centres
- physical activity groups.
We invest in programmes and services to help professionals adopt new and innovative ways to deliver cancer care in the UK. Working in communities and with the NHS, we fund pilots to improve experiences and outcomes for people with cancer. With this knowledge, we have created tools and resources to help you deliver:
- Personalised care for people living with cancer
- Holistic Needs Assessments (and electronic HNAs)
- Quality improvement to existing cancer services.
Stay up to date with the latest developments in cancer care, with expert news, opinion and analysis. You'll also find blogs about our professionals and the fantastic work they do.
Subscribe to our newsletters
We publish a range of newsletters for professionals who support people living with cancer. Whatever your role, we'll support you with clinical updates, tools and resources.