Virgin Money Macmillan Guides
Virgin Money Macmillan Guides are specially trained staff working in selected Virgin Money stores and contact centres. They offer emotional support and relevant information if you are affected by cancer. You do not need to be a Virgin Money customer to use the service.
How our guides help
A cancer diagnosis can be tough on your finances, often causing worry and confusion. Macmillan are working in partnership with Virgin Money to strengthen support and guidance for people living with cancer.
Virgin Money Macmillan Guides understand the impact a cancer diagnosis can have on all aspects of your life, including on your finances. They provide emotional support and direct you to wider sources of support available. They take the time to listen to customers, either over the phone or in selected Virgin Money Stores around the UK. These volunteers are customer service specialists who have been trained by Macmillan to:
- listen to your concerns and provide emotional support
- explain how both Macmillan and Virgin Money’s specialist teams could help you
- guide you to other sources of information and support
- connect you to Macmillan services in your local area.
If you are affected by cancer at all, one of our guides may be able to help you.
Andrea, Virgin Money Credit Card Team, Newcastle
Andrea sadly lost both parents, her sister-in-law and her aunt to cancer.
As such, she is aware of how life-changing a cancer diagnosis can be for the person themselves and their loved ones. Andrea is now trained as a Virgin Money Macmillan Guide in the Virgin Money's Credit Card team.
Image: Andrea with family
"I feel very privileged to have been given the opportunity to become a Macmillan Guide.
I can empathise with other people’s situations, emotions and feelings to offer a glimmer of hope and a listening ear at this difficult time for people.
I think it is so important you have the support of someone who can detach themselves from the situation and act as an impartial observer. Your head ends up full of stuff and nothing makes sense - that is why I believe Macmillan Guides is such an important initiative.”
Sally, Virgin Money Cleckheaton Store, Yorkshire
Sally has seen a lot of her close family and friends impacted by cancer and was diagnosed with breast cancer herself. She has undergone treatment and is now cancer free.
Image: Sally, A Virgin Money Macmillan Guide
"I wanted to be a Virgin Money Macmillan Guide to help people navigate their cancer journey and offer assistance with any financial issues they might have,” says Sally. “It’s hard enough dealing with a cancer diagnosis without having to worry about finances on top of everything else, so it’s fantastic that Virgin Money is launching this initiative."
“Macmillan Guides have a vital role to play in supporting people affected by cancer, helping to ease the pressure that financial stress can bring on top of a cancer diagnosis. Our roles should mean that people are able to concentrate on their own or their loved ones’ wellbeing.”
Hear more about our Virgin Money Macmillan Guide role by watching the video below:
Over the phone
To get support from a trained Guide, contact Virgin Money using the phone number that is most relevant to your product with them – for example, credit card, mortgages, savings. Any person you speak to can arrange a call-back from a Guide at a time that suits you.
If you are not a Virgin Money customer, you can still contact any of the teams to arrange a call-back and receive support from a Guide.
You can also get support from a Virgin Money Macmillan Guide in any of the selected Virgin Money Stores listed below.
- Birmingham – 133-138 New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JQ
- Bradford – 14 Broadway, Bradford, BD1 1EZ
- Chelmsford – 83 High Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1DX
- Cleckheaton – 12 Bradford Road, Cleckheaton, BD19 3RJ
- Manchester - 48-50 Market Street, Manchester, M1 1PW
- Newcastle - Unit 1A The Gosforth Centre Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle, NE3 1JZ
- Nottingham - 11 Smithy Row, Nottingham, NG1 3EJ
- Rochdale - 9-11 Yorkshire Street, Rochdale, OL16 1BL
- Swindon - 10 Regent Circus, Swindon, SN1 1PW
- Washington - Unit W and X The Galleries, Washington, NE38 7SD
- Whitby - 72-74 Baxtergate, Whitby, YO21 1BB
- Aberdeen – 62 Union Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1WD
- Dundee - 7/8 High Street, Dundee DD1 1SS
- Glasgow Hillhead - 326 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AN
- Irvine - 151 High Street, Irvine, KA12 8AD
- Keith - 161 Mid Street, Keith, AB55 5BL
- Kilmarnock - 30 The Foregate, Kilmarnock, KA1 1JH
If you are worried about your finances or are having payment difficulties, there are ways that Virgin Money can help you. Find out more on the Virgin Money website.
To find out more about the services available to you, you can:
- visit the financial help section of our website
- learn about Macmillan Grants
- access our Benefits calculator
- visit our In Your Area directory and enter your postcode.
Macmillan is also here to support you. If you would like to talk, you can:
Our specialist Financial Guidance service is available to anyone who calls the Macmillan Support Line. They are available Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm.