Free specialist counselling
In partnership with Bupa, Macmillan are offering up to six sessions of free one-on-one counselling to people living with cancer. These sessions will be led by a qualified therapist, and could help you understand, manage and overcome difficult feelings you may be experiencing right now.
The service could help improve your quality of life by:
- providing personalised support that is tailored to your circumstances
- reducing the sense of fear, anxiety and/or depression that you might be feeling
- improving how you cope emotionally with living with cancer or after cancer
- helping you feel empowered to manage your own emotions
- increasing your confidence and motivation.
Bupa’s qualified therapists are:
- mental health practitioners
- experienced at supporting a wide range of people in vulnerable situations
- screened and supervised by Bupa’s lead Clinical Psychologist and a BACP Accredited Counsellor
Bupa’s qualified therapists are not experts in cancer and its treatment. For specialist cancer information, you should speak to a Cancer Information Nurse Specialist on the Macmillan Support Line.