NGS Macmillan Unit Chesterfield
Cancer patients can access treatment from a wide range of outpatient services, including:
- chemotherapy for people affected by solid tumour (breast, renal, prostate, colorectal and lung)
- chemotherapy for haematology conditions
- supportive treatments for people affected by cancer
- all outpatient activity for haematology, including some diagnostic tests such as bone marrow aspirations
- all oncology follow-up for people affected by lung, colorectal, urology and breast cancer
- all respiratory clinics, including some non-cancer work such as COPD, home oxygen and asthma
- all supportive care clinics.
Please note, due to COVID-19, the unit is currently offering telephone appointments to speak to centre staff and the Welfare and Benefits and Psychology service.
All face-to-face services are temporarily suspended. The centre will re-start the below free services when Government guidelines allow:
- ‘Look Good Feel Better’ skin care and makeup workshops for women
- wig fitting services provided by Trendco
- Headstrong provide a service which can advise on head ware, hats, scarves and scalp care
- Moving Forward courses for breast cancer patients
- on-site one to one clinical psychology for patients
- information and support service for people with advanced cancer who have dependent children. This includes helping parents access trust charitable funds to purchase a wide range of age appropriate resources
- Holistic Needs Assessments
- complementary therapies including Hypnotherapy, Reiki and Reflexology.